The following is a list of deaths that should be noted in April 2021. For deaths that should be noted before the month that the world is in, please see "Months". Names under each date are noted in the order of the alphabet by last name or pseudonym. Deaths of non-humans are noted here also if it is worth noting. Each listing of a death must have a source. If no reference is included, the death notice will be removed. The following are the requirements of adding a name to the list in its order: name, age, where they came from, what the person is known for, cause of death if known and a source.
ⓘ Special education
Some children are disabled, or they have learning difficulties. Special education is about teaching these children. Some of them can be educated with other children of the same age who are not disabled. Others must go to special schools. If the disability is too bad they can not get an education. Students who have emotional problems and act poorly are sometimes expelled from school. Inclusive education is a firmed by the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities to reduce such exclusion.
Special needs include speech or hearing difficulties, emotional and behavioral disorders, physical disabilities, and developmental disorders. Students with these special needs often get more educational services. This may mean different approaches to teaching, access to a resource room and use of technology.
Some students are very smart. These students are called gifted. They also have certain needs so they can succeed. These students do better with special teaching styles or different educational programs. The word special education is used for students whose special needs stop them from learning the way normal people learn. Gifted education is handled separately.
1. Description of services
Schools provide special education services to special students.
- Regular classroom This is when students with special educational needs is in the regular classes for the whole day. This may sometimes be used for individuals with mental retardation who are integrated in regular classes. A teachers aide may be helpful in helping these special students function. Mostly this is for students who are able to function with the typical education in regular classroom but may need a few adjustments in their education.
- Regular classroom with assistance These students are in a regular classroom but simply require a bit more help from a teacher trained to deal with their special needs.
- Collaboration The classroom teacher and a teacher trained to deal with special needs work together to provide adequate services for students with special needs.
- Resource room These students require instruction to be modified or specialized. They are in regular classes for most of the day but spend time in a resource room.
- Separate classroom, Self-contained classroom, or a room with others like them These students need to be in a designated classroom designed to meet their special needs.
- Separate school or Special school These students are in another school for students with special needs.
- Residential school or Boarding school These students may live in a school to receive special services.
- Home or hospital Students may need services at home or hospital when the school is not an appropriate setting.
Most schools around the world use inclusion, which means children with special needs, need to earn their right to be in the regular classroom. Sometimes schools may use full inclusion for certain students such as those with mental retardation. In that case, this is where social tolerance is afforded rather than if these students actually do earn their right to be in regular classroom. Sometimes mainstreaming is used, this is when children with special needs are in regular classroom settings as much as possible and put in special classes for the rest of the day. Social integration is used for students with special needs who are in a resource room or other special class for the rest of the time.
2. Other websites
- The European Agency for Development in Special Needs Education
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services U.S. Department of Education
- Council for Exceptional Children US
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities NICHCY Archived 2007-09-11 at the Wayback Machine US
- When Its Your Own Child: A Report on Special Education from the Families Who Use It Archived 2010-06-13 at the Wayback Machine Public Agenda, 2002 US
- LD Online
- Inclusive Education in Scotland Archived 2008-10-11 at the Wayback Machine UK
- Ferreiro as Enrique Serrano Bad Education was given an NC - 17 rating for a scene of explicit sexual content A special edition R - rated version was released
- politician. He served as the 11th United States Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare from 1975 to 1977 during the administration of President
- Republic of Korea South Korea and its capital. Its official name is Seoul Special City Korean: 서울특별시 Seoul Teukbyeolsi It has a population of 10 million
- Campaigns - State Board of Education 1 Race - Nov 08, 1994 www.ourcampaigns.com. Our Campaigns - State Board of Education 1 Race - Nov 07, 2000 www
- military. Some people in these forces are soldiers, and they have a special education as a soldier. In many cases, the military is not only made of such
- businesswoman, philanthropist, and education activist from Michigan. She was the 11th United States Secretary of Education from February 7, 2017 to January
- students, students who travel, or special education students. CBS News New Hampshire Public Radio National Education Association This short article about
- Heritage Sites: Borobudur and Prambanan. Yogyakarta is a major center of education in Indonesia. Public universities in the city include: Gadjah Mada University
- difficulties. Special needs education for children are catered for in some boarding schools. Some boarding schools offer democratic education such as Summerhill
- Inc. is a global education association for English language teachers who teach speakers of others languages. TESOL has some special interest groups called
- Independence Bible School, grades Pre - K 12 Tri - County Education Co - operative, special education all grades The Independence Community College ICC main
Sheila Sloan Frahm is an American politician. She was the U.S. Senator from Kansas as a Republican for a short time in 1996. She replaced Senator Bob Dole who retired to focus on his 1996 presidential campaign. Frahm lost in the Republican primary in the special senate election to keep her senate seat to Sam Brownback.
N. V. Ramana
Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana is an Indian judge who is serving as the 48th and current Chief Justice of India. Previously, he was a Judge of Supreme Court of India, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court and the acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court. He has also served as the president of the Andhra Pradesh Judicial Academy.
Melanie Ann Stansbury is an American scientist and politician. She is the U.S. Representative for New Mexicos 1st congressional district since 2021. Stansbury was a member of the New Mexico House of Representatives for the 28th district from 2019 until 2021. Stansbury is a member of the Democratic Party.
Users also searched:
needs assessment for special education, special education teacher, special needs meaning, types of special educational needs, what are the categories of special educational needs,