Nomenclature may mean a set or system of names or terms used by one person or by a community. This community will often be used in one or more areas of science or art. Nomenclature may refer to one of the following:
ⓘ International Astronomical Union
The International Astronomical Union is an international group that brings together the national astronomical groups from around the world. It was created in 1919. It was created to promote and protect the science of astronomy by getting different nations to work together. Its members are professional astronomers from all over the world, and they all work on research and education in astronomy. The IAU has good relationships with groups that include amateur astronomers. "National Members" are usually people with a high level of professional astronomy. There are more than 10.000 active "Individual Members" in 107 countries. It has 62 "National Members".
This organization has many working groups like the Working Group for Planetary System Nomenclature WGPSN, which maintains the astronomical naming conventions and planetary nomenclature for planetary bodies, and the Working Group on Star Names WGSN for naming stars.
The IAU is also the group in charge of naming objects in space and anything on them such as mountains and craters.
- one of the 88 modern constellations that were made by the International Astronomical Union The star clusters Pleiades and Hyades are in Taurus. Taurus
- from Earth or light - year or lightyear The IAU and astronomical units, International Astronomical Union retrieved 2008 - 07 - 05 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter
- as it was discovered shortly after Christmas. In 2008, the International Astronomical Union gave it the proper name Haumea, after a Hawaiian god of childbirth
- 150 CE. It is now one of the 88 modern constellations on the International Astronomical Union s list. Constellation COSMOS - The SAO Encyclopedia of Astronomy
- is one of the 0 modern constellations that were made by the International Astronomical Union The star named Canopus is in Carina. Canopus is the second
- one of the 88 modern constellations that were made by the International Astronomical Union Even though Hydra is a very big constellation, it only has
- one of the 88 modern constellations that were made by the International Astronomical Union In Greek mythology, Ara is the altar where Zeus and his brothers
- Institute of Applied Astronomy. Pitjeva is a member of the International Astronomical Union Commission 4: Ephemerides. Pitjeva earned her undergraduate
- the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan NAOJ from 2000 to 2006. He was later president of the International Astronomical Union IAU from 2012
- smallest planet, Pluto is now considered a Dwarf Planet by the International Astronomical Union IAU when they developed a definition for planet on August
Users also searched:
iau name, royal astronomical society,