KBO can mean: Keep the Bastards Out, a fictional organization invented and promoted by Seattle Post-Intelligencer columnist Emmett Watson Keep Buggering On, a catchphrase used by Winston Churchill Korea Baseball Organization KBO!, a hardcore punk band from Serbia Kuiper Belt object
ⓘ Kuiper belt
The Kuiper belt is an area of the Solar System beyond the orbit of Neptune to 50 AU from the Sun.
The objects within the Kuiper Belt together with the members of the scattered disk beyond, are together called trans-Neptunian.
Many objects such as dwarf planets in the Kuiper belt are much bigger than the ones in the asteroid belt and are round. At least some Kuiper belt objects are icebound.
The first objects in the Kuiper belt to be found were Pluto and Charon moon but the belt was only identified and named in 1992 when more Kuiper belt objects KBOs were found. A few thousand have since been discovered and more than 70.000 KBOs over 100 km 62 mi in diameter are thought to exist.
- orbit. The unusual orbit suggests that it may be a captured asteroid or Kuiper belt object, or possibly that it was perturbed during the capture of Neptune s
- system of moons. The secondary mission is to study any objects in the Kuiper Belt if something became available for a flyby. The space probe set the record
- Chaos genus a type of giant amoeba 19521 Chaos, a Trans - Neptunian Kuiper belt object in space K - os, Canadian musician Chaos an American hip hop Recoring
- many other dwarf planets in the solar system. Most of them are also Kuiper belt objects. Ceres was found by Giuseppe Piazzi on January 1, 1801. Classified
- on icy moons and might be on other places with low temperatures, like Kuiper belt objects. Cryovolcanoes have been found on the moons Triton and Enceladus
- 20000 Varuna is a big Kuiper belt object KBO It could be a dwarf planet. Before it was named Varuna, it had the provisional designation 2000 WR106
- not again until 5290. Astronomers think that Pholus started out as a Kuiper belt object. It was found by David L. Rabinowitz, then of the University of
- separate disks using ground - based telescopes. New Horizons: NASA s Pluto - Kuiper Belt Missions Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. 6 December
- 19521 Chaos is a Kuiper belt object. Chaos was found in 1998 by the Deep Ecliptic Survey, with Kitt Peak s 4 m telescope. It is big at about 560 km, and
- migrated in orbit at this time, causing objects in the asteroid belt and or Kuiper belt to be forced into orbits which reached the terrestrial planets
Users also searched:
kuiper belt facts, kuiper belt oort cloud,